Don’t you just LOVE a trip to the drugstore or especially to Target? Just uninterrupted time to browse the isles, read labels, try on clothes, and search through the makeup and skin care isles like you have nothing else to do for the rest of the day? I don’t know about ya’ll but it’s a major stress reliever for me. That may sound silly to some of you but there’s something about shopping for makeup that doesn’t cost a fortune that just really makes me feel good inside LOL. Especially when you’re ballin on a budget like this girl right here.
The negatives of these trips though can sometimes result in over spending because in my head I’m like “oh this is so much cheaper than a designer brand I can buy this and ten other things I don’t really need!” #girllogic, right? LOL. Also, sometimes, it can result in products that are less than ideal. So with this post I hope to help someone out there avoid the same drugstore beauty isle mistakes I have with this list of my personal faves!
- L’Oréal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream – I’ve been using this for years. It’s very inexpensive, they have a very wide range of shades to choose from and it WORKS. It comes out white in color, and blends to match your skin tone. I personally don’t ever wear foundation on my entire face, just my “problem” areas where I have some scarring and redness that I like to cover up. Particularly my chin and around my nose. This formula is super lightweight, which I love, and perfectly blurrs/covers up what I don’t want to show the world.
- Sonia Kashuk Undetectable Loose Illumination Powder – I use this in shade “light” and it’s my version of a setting powder. I apply it over my entire face, focusing mostly on the areas I just applied BB cream to. I love this one because it has a very light shimmer to it that doesn’t come off as HI IM A GIANT SPARKLE, it just gives me a nice healthy glow that I love. This is also the perfect product to pat on quickly if I’m in a rush to leave, and don’t have enough time for BB cream or anything else, just to blend my skin tone and be on my way. Totally ideal for those mornings when there just isn’t enough time.
- Sonia Kashuk Undercover Liquid Concealer – I wasn’t sure if I should put this under the face category or the eyes category because for me it doubles as a blemish/redness concealer and an under eye concealer. It has a cute little poof as the applicator, that helps the product go on smooth and blend out even smoother. It’s lightweight but thick enough to cover up ANYTHING. I highly, highly recommend this little guy.
- NYX Eyeshadow Base – I originally bought this in the white shade because they were out of the tan at the time, but ended up totally loving it! I thought it would be hard to blend and would change the color and pigmentation of my shadow, but it’s truly the perfect base and primer. I just use my pinkie finer and rub it all over my whole eyelid, wait a few seconds for it to dry and then apply my shadow.
- Maybelline 24K Nudes Eyeshadow Pallet – I’ll start this one off with a confession: I’ve been a Naked 2 Pallet addict since the day it came out. BUT when I recently started to really run low on my fave colors in the pallet, I started to try to find a similar pallet for less cost, because I’ll be really honest, I only use 3 of the colors LOL. Because of that, I just can’t justify spending $60 dollars for what is essentially 3 eyeshadows. I picked this Maybelline pallet up from Target a couple weeks ago and it’s almost EXACT to the colors I love in Naked 2! The colors are really pigmented, really soft and creamy to apply, and stay in place all day, even without a primer. AND it’s only $10!
- Pacifica Dream Big Mascara – I bought this literally last week because I was waiting for payday to buy my ride or die Diorshow mascara…. but I might just stick with this baby from now on! It’s all natural, SCORE, it’s made from minerals and natural oils, and it’s super conditioning for your lashes. ALSO it has this super cool feature where on the top of the wand you can twist it the right to compact the wand for more volume, then twist it to the right to stretch the wand back out for a more lengthening effect. Two in one?! And all natural?! Yes puuuhlease.
- Revlon Colorstay Brow Pencil – I am not even going to try to pretend that I am super talented at makeup by any means, especially when it comes to brows. I know I can’t be the only one LOL. It just seems like something that can be super easily messed up and eyebrows are just too important! Since I have natural red/auburn hair, my eyebrows and eyelashes are naturally very light. I literally use a few strokes of this pencil to fill in the realllllly light areas, and just make my eyebrows look more defined. NOTHING CRAZY. This product stays on all day, even if your rub your eyebrows. I use the shade “blonde”.
- NYX Lingerie Matte Liquid Lipstick – NYX has some pretty amazing lip products. Their “Butter Glosses” are fab. Recently though, I’ve really been on a matte kick and this product is amazing! My only negative comment is that it is a little bit drying, but if I apply a balm beforehand that really helps. It acts more like a stain because it really does stay all day no matter how much you eat, drink, talk, kiss, or lick you lips. The colors are all very creamy and “moody”. My personal fave shade is “Lipli”. It’s like a mauvey purple. Works great for fall or spring!
- Revlon Matte Balms – I LOVE THESE! I have so many colors. My favorite for Spring is “Showy Flamboyant” because it’s the perfect deep pink that is just really complimentary to my natural lip and skin color. It goes with EVERYTHING. This product feels like a balm or a chapstick, but is matte ( yes yes yes ) and literally stays perfectly put all day, no matter what. Even the bright red shade. I wore it on the 4th last year and ate and drank and even swam a little bit and didn’t have to reapply once. Total, complete winner if you ask me.
There ya have it, the best of the best drugstore products, in my opinion. And these are not necessarily the products that I use for my everyday makeup look, or date night makeup look, that is a whollllle other post ( coming soon! ).
What are you favorite drugstore products? We would all love an excuse for an extra trip to the drugstore! 😉