My mom is a beautiful, brave, happy soul whom I adore with my whole heart. She is the reason I am who I am, and have the confidence to do what I love every single day. From my twenty three years of experience, if there is one thing she loves more than me ( obviously ) it’s a homemade gift for Mother’s Day. This day is all about appreciation for all of our fabulously perfect momma’s and buying something from a store just seems so impersonal to me. This DIY Honey Lavender soap will show your mom your love, and give her a perfect excuse for relaxing and for some very much needed me-time. Plus it’s SUPER easy!
- Goat’s milk melt & pour soap base
- 3 Tablespoons of dried lavender flowers
- 2 Tablespoons of raw organic honey
- 15 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- Zest of 1 lemon, dried (just place on wax papered tray in oven for a few minutes)
- Silicone soap mold (or this floral one) (or this heart shaped one)
- Large glass bowl
( I ordered most of the ingredients for the soap from Amazon, which you can too if you click on my links, but all of these things can also be found at your local craft store! )
Now for the fun part…
- Melt Soap – Break up into smaller chunks to allow for quicker, easier melting. Place pieces in glass bowl, and then follow package instructions for melting. Be sure to do so in small increments, to avoid burning your soap.
- Add Essential Oil – Add 15 (or more, you can be the judge) drops of lavender essential oil, mix well.
- Add Additional Ingredients – Dried lavender, honey and dried lemon zest, mix well.
- Pour Into Molds – Ta daaaa, you just made some incredible home made soap that your mom will adore you for!
- Let cool, remove from molds, package how you feel looks best, and get to gift giving!