Happy Monday! I spent my Sunday cleaning & baking. Two of my favorite things 🙂 Another random fun fact about me is that I’m pretty anemic, so, I’m always trying to incorporate things like Spinach into my diet, because I don’t like taking iron pills ( they bother my stomach ). So when I found a recipe for spinach banana muffins I was immediately intrigued. I added my own twist with a handful of walnuts, and added the dark chocolate for a little sweetness, but they are delicious & the perfect on the go breakfast for the busy week ahead!
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour.
- 2 tbs of baking powder.
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- 3/4 tsp of salt.
- 2 whole eggs.
- 1/2 cup of Organic Coconut Sugar.
- 1/4 cup of Olive Oil.
- 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt.
- Zest of 1 whole lemon.
- 1 tsp of vanilla.
- 2 medium ripe bananas.
- 2 cups of packed baby Organic Spinach.
- A handful of dark chocolate chips.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar until they are light and fluffy.
- Then, add the olive oil, greek yogurt, lemon zest and vanilla to the egg and sugar mixture.
- Mash the bananas, combine to the wet mixture.
- Blend the spinach in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Add the spinach to the wet mixture, combining well.
- Combine your wet & dry mixtures together.
- Spray your muffin tin with nonstick spray, or place your paper muffin holders in the tin, and scoop in a spoonful of batter to each space.
- Place a few dark chocolate chips & crushed walnuts on the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, or until you can stick a toothpick in the center and have it come out with no batter stuck to it.
Recipe adapted from Family Food On The Table.
These babies are boyfriend & toddler approved which means just about everyone you know will be obsessed with them.
Happy baking! 🙂