I literally never know what to get my dad for Father’s Day, and I know I cannot be the only one! Why are men so hard to shop for? WHY?! My dad’s go – to whenever we ask him what he wants ( for any holiday that involves gifts ) is “a motorcycle” sooo one year I got him a mini toy motorcycle in the exact model he wanted and I thought I was hilarious :). But this year, he was able to buy his dream bike for himself! Obviously we’re all beyond thrilled for him buuuut that takes my gift ideas for him from 1 back down to 0 LOL.
The good news is, Father’s Day isn’t until June 18th, so we have a few weeks, but in the spirit of planning ahead, I scoured website after website trying to find some not so typical ideas and here is my gift guide for my daddio this year.
1. Wooden Noise Cancelling Ear Buds – First of all, how many do these look?! My dad travels for work every week aka lots of time on airplanes, and while he is home he has a lot of conference calls aka his iPhone ear buds are basically hot glued into his brain. iPhone headphones are great, but these are noise cancelling, they fit to your ear shape so no pain if they are in for a long period of time, and the real wood exterior is just too manly to pass up.
2. Project Smoke – This is a cookbook all about smoking foods on a smoker. My dad is OBSESSED with his smoker. He likes to come up with his own recipes and basically has the whole trial and error thing down to a science when it comes to figuring out time & temperatures for different meats and things. I figured a cool little cookbook wouldn’t hurt to give him some fresh inspo for the summer months ahead.
3. The Dad Beer Glass – My dad loves his craft beer, and I’m sure he isn’t the only dad out there that does! This glass is thoughtful & practical. The two things dads love!
4. Beer Makes Me Hoppy – Basically, see number 3 LOL. I’m not sure if this will be helpful for any of ya’ll out there looking for Father’s Day gift inspo, but it was just TOO PERFECT for my dad to not put into gift guide. If your dad isn’t into beer, Amazon & Etsy have soooo many cheeky t-shirt ideas, I’m sure you can find one or two that just describe your dad to a T ( hehe get it! )
5. A Dollar Shave Club Membership – My mom got this for my dad as a Christmas gift two years ago, which means his year long membership is up, so Father’s Day is the perfect time to renew it! The Dollar Shave club is AMAZING. I even have a membership. Not only do you never have to worry about buying razors, you don’t have to worry about buying shaving cream or anything else, either! Perfect for dads with a beard.
6. Joking Hazard – Anything that means our family spending time together is a win in my dads book. Especially a good game night! Our family loves to play Cards Against Humanity, and this game seems just as hilarious and inappropriate so I figured “why not!” Haha.
7. A Fist In The Hornets Nest – My dad was an Army Ranger and loves anything Military related. He also loves reading! I get him at least one book for every gift giving holiday because he goes through them so quickly. Anything Military related is usually a safe bet, and I don’t think he’s read this one, so it’s a win win!
What are ya’ll getting your dad’s for Father’s Day?!