Hey hey! I thought we could celebrate the summer months coming to an end ( even though the Texas weather definitely has other plans LOL ) with one of my favorite dessert recipes. These cookies are semi healthy, minus all the butter… fruity and easy peasy lemon squeezy! See what I did there 😉
I discovered this recipe on Pinterest and have kind of changed a few things and made it my own. The original recipe calls for 2 whole cups of sugar – one cup of regular, one cup of brown. Instead, I do half a cup of coconut sugar and half a cup of brown sugar. The two other changes I made are a tsp less vanilla, and a lot more oats then it calls for. You can make the original recipe, or my adaptation, either way, you are about to have a major dessert HIT on your hands! The cookies only take about 30 minutes total to prep & bake and will make your house smell seriously mouthwatering.
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder ( preferably aluminum free, Trader Joes brand is a good one! 😉 )
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup of light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of Coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 – 4 cups of Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 – 2 cups of Organic Blueberries
- 1ish cup of powdered sugar
- Juice of 1 – 2 whole lemons
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk your flour, baking soda and salt together in the small bowl, then set aside.
- Cream together the butter and both sugars in a mixer until lightly fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Stir in the flour mixture by hand using a rubber spoon or spatula, then gently mix in the oats and blueberries, careful not to break any of the berries.
- Roll dough into twoish tablespoon sized balls, and place about 1 1/2 inches apart on your baking sheet.
- Bake for about 12 minutes.
- Cool the cookies ON the baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack.
Lemon Glaze Directions:
- Mix together powder sugar & lemon juice until you reach your desired consistency.
- Drizzle onto cooled cookies.
TA DAAA. You made delicious cookies that everyone in your life is about to be obsessed with! Also they are great for breakfast, because ya know, blueberries & oats… 😉 #yourewelcome
Any questions? What are ya’lls fave summer dessert recipes?