Happy April, everybody! I’m pretty sure the saying “April showers bring May flowers” originated in Texas because the storms we’ve been having this year ( and every single Spring… ) are sliiiiightly dramatic LOL. You haven’t seen rain until you’ve seen Texas rain, let me tell ya.
Anywho! I was really struggling with a theme for April’s reading list, so I just decided this month will be a bunch of randoms that have been sitting in my Amazon cart for forever. That way this will motivate me to read them, and hopefully inspire a few of you to read them as well. 🙂
- The War Of Art By: Steven Pressfield: I’ve been wanting to read this for forever! I think this would be a great book for anyone, weather you have a more creative job/passion, or not. It will teach you how to avoid the roadblocks that inevitably come with working on any creative project. Sounds very inspirational.
- Big Little Lies By: Liane Moriarty: Ok so I just finished watching the HBO tv adaptation of this book and I honestly haven’t loved a show THAT much in a really, really long time. Like it was SO GOOD. If you haven’t watched it, you are not living your life. I’m dead serious, watch it, all 7 episodes, TONIGHT. You won’t regret it! Since the show was the greatest thing ever, I decided I want to read the book. I usually read the book, then see the movie/watch the show, but why not switch it up every once in awhile, ya know?
- Just The Essentials By: Adina Grigore: I recently read another one of her books, Skin Cleanse, and got 1209738 blog post ideas all about DIY natural skincare. This book is all about essential oils and how to use them in your daily life. I got into essential oils about a year ago and am hooked, but still have so much to learn! I can’t wait to read this one.
- When You Find Out The World Is Against You By: Kelly Oxford: Kelly Oxford is one of my favorite people ever. She was named “one of the funniest people on twitter” by Rolling Stone, she’s a blogger, she’s a mom of 3, she is an author of multiple books, and she’s just RELATABLE. This is her newest book and I cannot wait to dive in to it. I think I might save it for a juicy read on my vacation coming up at the end of this month. It just seems like a good beach read to me. 🙂
- We Are Never Meeting In Real Life By: Samantha Irby: Samantha is the author of the blog Bitches Gotta Eat and she is amazingly real & just plain hilarious. I love bloggers who don’t sugar coat anything, and talk about REAL LIFE. If you want to feel like you’re not alone in any situation ever, this is the book to read.
- Hello Glow By: Stephanie Gerber: This is a book of 150 natural, organic DIY beauty/spa day treatments. Need I say more? #girlsnight :).
I hope everyone is having a wonderful start to April. Again, how fast is this year going?! What are some books you’ve been dying to read?
Thanks for reading 🙂