Well well well guys, I am officially 25 years young today! Happy birthday to me! I love birthdays. I’ve kind of been laughing at myself today though because for some reason when I was little 25 was the “big birthday” I had in my head. You know, the one where you just envision your whole life being together and perfect and I was married and had one baby and was pregnant with the other and working my dream job. Can I just say HAHA to that?! Growing up is really hard work. And today, turning 25, thinking about my life and where I’m at and what I’m working towards, I couldn’t be happier. I mean, obviously there are some things I wish had happened differently ( like I wish I started esthetics school 4 years ago cause then I really would be working my dream job right now lol ) but EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON and I feel so young and happy and free to work hard and I know I still have plenty of time to achieve all the things I dream about every single night.
So for todays post I wanted to share 25 things I learned over the years with ya’ll.
- Its ok to set boundaries for yourself with the people in your life, and you don’t have to do it in a way that hurts anyones feelings, but you need to do what’s going to make your own heart happy.
- Wearing lipstick really does complete an outfit when it’s the right color.
- Learn how to take a deep breath and just LET THINGS GO every once in awhile. Being stressed out about things that you don’t have any control over is going to give you a stomach ache and make you break out.
- Buy yourself your favorite flowers whenever you see them in a store, because making your own day sometimes is completely necessary.
- It’s ok to say no and give no explanation, just saying the word no is good enough.
- Realizing what you want to do in life is an amazing incredible magical feeling that shouldn’t be put on the back burner because of your age or because of money or because of others opinions, do what you need to do to make it happen.
- It’s ok when things don’t work how you planned for them to, because I can pretty much pinkie promise that if you look back on a situation when that happened, the outcome was better than the one you had planned anyways.
- When you see a cute pair of shoes ( especially if they are on sale ) just buy them and don’t think about it, because you will regret it if you don’t.
- Don’t ever hold back. That goes for everything. Just give everything your all. Tell people how you feel, wear exactly what you want, and do not let others opinions deter you from that at all.
- Always say I love you and give your significant other a kiss before either one of you leaves.
- Make your bed every morning. Just trust me, it will set the tone for your entire day and you’ll love the outcome.
- Try really crazy weird different foods than you would normally eat.
- Admit it when you are wrong. Just own up to it, apologize, mean it, and move on already.
- Eat allllllll the queso you want.
- Also, drink some champagne anytime you want.
- Celebrate everything! Even “little” things. Because everything you do when you are working towards something important to you deserves to be celebrated.
- It’s ok to only have a few friends that are actually more sisters.
- A thank you note can truly go a long way.
- When someone offers you help, accept it, don’t let your pride get in the way, because next time you need help they might not want to offer it to you again.
- TAKE REALLY GOOD CARE OF YOUR SKIN and wear sunscreen on your face hands and arms every single day no matter what.
- Always add cinnamon or nutmeg to your coffee all year round to add instant happiness to your mornings.
- Keep taking pictures of everything. Having memories to look at is such a blessing.
- Don’t be scared of change, even if it is a scary change. It could be opening up a door to something you could never even imagine.
- Make sure that any house you live in from here on out has a real wood burning fire place in it.
- Always ask for what you want! The worst that will happen is someone will tell you no, and then you haven’t even lost anything, you are just back where you started and all that means is you need to get a little more creative or work a little harder to get what you want.
I’m off to go wash my hair ( first time in like 8 days LOL ) so it dries before dinner with my man tonight. What is your favorite thing about turning a year older?!