I love a good weekend getaway. Especially to a destination that’s within driving distance of your home. It’s really the perfect vacation. You’re not spending tons of money on flights, so you can kind of splurge a little on a nicer hotel room & fantastic food. We live in the DFW area of Texas ( Dallas Fort Worth ) which is 3ish hours from Austin, which also just so happens to only be about an hour from one of my favorite places on earth – Fredericksburg.
Fredericksburg is Texas Wine Country and it’s beyond perfect. My boyfriend and I have gone there every year ( sometimes twice ) since we have been together. It’s where we went on our first “vacation” together so it’s quite sentimental to me. It’s also SO ROMANTIC there. Perfect for couples wanting to escape reality for a day or two, relax, enjoy some amazing wine, and spend quality time together. I plan on doing a whole Fredericksburg To – Do post next week when we get back, so be on the look out! 🙂
Today I wanted to share the clothing items that I always pack for a Spring weekend getaway. I am a serious overpacker ( I just like to have options, ok! ), but it’s alright because I accept that about myself LOL. So I had to really, really think about the things that are kind of my weekend getaway staples, and not share my whole entire wardrobe with ya’ll… because I wouldn’t put it past myself to try and just shove my whole closet into my weekender and be on my way!
Texas has officially hit 90 degrees, so this weekend’s outfits will be geared toward staying cool, while still looking fab for some great Instagrams ( #notashamed ).
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14.
- RIPPED JEANS – These are the perfect item to bring because 1, you can wear them in the car and be comfy but still cute if you end up going to straight to dinner or something when you get there, and 2, because they go with literally everything!
- WHITE V NECK – I mean does this really need a description? You can wear this in the car, you can wear it under the denim jacket, you can wear it for a day walking around town, or just to be comfortable hanging out in the hotel room.
- OFF THE SHOULDER DRESS – So I don’t know if I’m the only girl that’s completely obsessed with off the shoulder everything or not but… this is the perfect way to look dressy OR casual, depending on what you are planning on doing. Also, if the weather ends up being 90 degrees, you’ll look chic & feel comfortable.
- WHITE MAXI DRESS – Every woman needs a good, simple, maxi dress. These can be dressed up or down with some added jewelry and heels, or sandals and even can be used as a swimsuit cover up. Not to mention how comfortable they are if you end up having too many margs & a whole basket of chips and queso ( like I fully plan on doing LOL ).
- OFF THE SHOULDER SHIRT – More off the shoulder, don’t kill me 😉 They’re just PERFECT for spring & summer, in my opinion! You can wear this with jeans, or jean shorts, add a chocker and some mules and you have a totally cute, perfect spring outfit.
- DISTRESSED DENIM JACKET – Perfect if the weather is a little cooler and you need to throw on a light jacket. Also, denim is so in this season! Super fun.
- NUDE MULES – A spring wardrobe staple. Not to mention extremely comfortable to walk in and can completely dress up any outfit, but they also have the ability of being super casual.
- SUNNIES – Because, duh.
- LACE UP SWEATER – A way to be comfortable, but still cute, ya know? Can be worn with distressed jeans, white jeans, or your jean shorts! Very versatile.
- JEAN SHORTS – If you end up having a pool day, or it’s just too warm for jeans, jean shorts come to the rescue! Front tuck your white v neck, throw on the mules or some espadrilles and you’re good to go!
- WHITE DENIM – Another spring wardrobe staple. White denim looks so fresh and bright with all the colors of spring and can be totally dressy, or totally casual. Perfect if you don’t know what kinds of places you’ll be having dinners at and want to be prepared for either option.
- NEUTRAL CROSSBODY – No one wants to lugging around a huge, heavy tote walking around exploring a new city. Crossbody bags are the perfect size to hold your lipstick, your phone, and your wallet. What else do you really need, right?
- WHITE ESPADRILLES – The sneaker of spring and summer! Comfy, cute, beachy, just pure perfection. They can be worn with dresses, jeans, shorts, the options are endless! Perfect for a day of exploring in true comfort and style.
- STUDDED SANDALS – If you want to be a little dressier than espadrilles, but are still looking for comfort, flat sandals are the way to go. I personally just love the studs!
Did I miss anything? What are some of ya’lls weekend getaway must haves?
Thanks for reading!!